Job Number 24013016
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location The Ritz-Carlton Jeddah, Al Hamra District, Southern Corniche, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Directs the development, production and implementation of all marketing strategies and related projects associated with the property’s revenue and marketing objectives. Partners with the Vice President (VP) of Sales and Marketing to develop the annual marketing plan to achieve both short and long-term revenue and marketing objectives. Partners closely with other topline disciplines (Sales and Revenue Management) to develop overarching cross-cutting strategies. Develops and oversees the execution of marketing strategy that aligns with hotel goals and positioning to achieve topline revenue and RevPar/share-of-wallet goals. Oversees management of all internal and external communications through digital presence, including but not limited to property website, third party channels and social media while maintaining brand integrity. Identifies incremental marketing opportunities ranging from partnerships, third-party sites and CVBs. Articulates campaign performance regularly to General Manager, Sales + Revenue Management leaders and Ownership. Leads a team of marketing professionals to execute strategies.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Sales, or related major; 2 years’ experience in Hospitality Sales, Spa Sales or a comparable professional area
• 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales, or related major; 1 year experience in Hospitality Sales, Spa Sales or a comparable professional area
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Development of Hotel Marketing Strategy
• Develops overarching marketing strategy including marketing plans and property email strategy to overall hotel marketing budgets for the hotel/group of hotels they support to align with business priorities, in consultation with General Manager(s).
• Oversees execution of all marketing initiatives, projects and collateral production to verify that sales and marketing objectives are achieved and that revenue opportunities are maximized.
• Cultivates partnership and active participation in demand generation strategy development (SMR).
• Reconciles marketing plan monthly with accruals, forecast in conjunction with Director of Finance.
• Leads repositioning efforts in partnership with Area Team, GM and hotel executive team.
• Serves as the hotel(s) brand guardian / liaison, verifying all marketing reflects brand voice. Leads the strategic pull-though of continent and brand promotions and campaigns.
• Partners with Revenue Management to develop and execute promotional strategy efforts.
• Supports group lead generation efforts.
• Runs, reviews, analyzes and clearly articulates to stakeholder’s and owners the key marketing reports with the ability to quickly adapt and adjust strategy accordingly.
• Manages internal and external partners to verify deliverables are executed to support hotel strategy.
• Develops and sets the annual digital marketing plan, and overarching partnership and marketing strategies to maximize hotel revenue production and align with hotel positioning.
• Manages the OTA Strategy in collaboration with Revenue Management through monthly market leader reviews and media investments.
• Monitors and provides recommendations for SEO and updates as needed in collaboration with MDS or agency
• Manages cluster marketing strategies, when applicable.
• Owns the direct asset development (e.g. photoshoots) to verify up to date content for Marketing team to pull through to various sites and channels.
Development and Execution of Communicatio ns and Partnerships
• Maintains frequent, active engagement with Area Directors of Marketing to communicate overall recommendations and actionable next steps based on identified findings, best practices, and overall digital trends for their portfolio of hotels.
• Sets overarching Public Relations strategy for hotel/group of hotels, outlining goals, pitch angles and target segments.
• Manages Public Relations agency, if applicable, or manage PR messaging.
• Effectively measures and clearly communicates success of campaigns and digital performance using relevant reports tools.
• Creates strong relationship management and negotiation skills; demonstrates ability to develop and maintain relationships (e.g. GMs, Sales and Revenue Leaders, Regional Team, Hotel Marketing Team, media representatives, etc.).
Leading Marketing Team
• Manages direct reports and monitors overarching marketing performance.
• Interviews, selects and onboards property marketing associates
• Handles employee complaints and executes disciplinary action as needed.
• Evaluates employee’s productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Completes other reasonable duties as requested by leadership.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. Attracting the world’s top hospitality professionals who curate lifelong memories, we believe that everyone succeeds when they are empowered to be creative, thoughtful and compassionate.
Every day, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over and pride ourselves on delivering excellence in the care and comfort of our guests.
Your role will be to ensure that the “Gold Standards” of The Ritz-Carlton are delivered graciously and thoughtfully every day. The Gold Standards are the foundation of The Ritz-Carlton and are what guides us each day to be better than the next. It is this foundation and our belief that our culture drives success by which The Ritz Carlton has earned the reputation as a global brand leader in luxury hospitality. As part of our team, you will learn and exemplify the Gold Standards, such as our Employee Promise, Credo and our Service Values. And our promise to you is that we offer the chance to be proud of the work you do and who you work with.
In joining The Ritz-Carlton, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.