Posting Date Dec 28, 2020
Job Number 20200685
Job Category Information Technology
Location Burj Rafal Riyadh A Marriott International Hotel, King Fahd Road Exit 4 As Sahafah District, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
In addition to the functions of a property systems manager, the Director of property Technology manages a revenue-generating function in a large property or multiple properties with a shared infrastructure. Works with property management and Regional IR leadership to participate in the acquisition of technology services for guests through an understanding of the properties specific business/customer base (i.e., convention). Provides strategic leadership for IR services surrounding initiatives and projects and coordinates with regional IR leadership on systems/services to enhance services in a specific property. May have direct reports (property systems manager, property systems technicians) or direct work of on-site shared services staff.
Education and Experience
• BS/BA or equivalent work experience. Additionally, 5-7 years’ experience in like position.
• System-related professional certifications preferred.
• Previous management experience and demonstrated matrix management skills
• Experienced in network hardware, desktop, peripherals, protocols, communications, operating systems and Marriott internal applications (MARSHA, PMS, NGS, SFA, etc.)
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Projects and Policies
• Functions as on-site project manager who plans and manages both new systems and system upgrades for property site.
• Performs assessments of needs ensuring compliance with budget, standards.
• Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of property projects on schedule and according to specification.
• Prepares project plans and monitors on-site.
• Coordinates multiple-vendor projects.
• Verifies compliance to technology-related vendor contracts.
• Responsible for property compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policy and Information Security Manual. Accountable to take action to address deficiencies. Determines solutions and implements per SOP.
• Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested.
Meeting Technology Needs
• Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technology/asset life-cycles. Verifies that necessary property is properly equipped in terms of PCs, hardware, servers, etc.
• Foresees, identifies and resolves system(s) performance problems.
• Certifies software applications for use at property.
• Creates and verifies implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans as they relate to technology.
• Verifies property’s technology assets are secure and maintained in accordance with Marriott International policies and standards.
• Possesses advanced knowledge in the areas of data communications, desktop support, and servers/networks. Uses knowledge to solve 2nd level support issues and train/develop junior staff.
• Verifies availability of current documentation for cabling, network systems, and applications exist.
• Reviews networks’ performance and performs design/re-design as needed to meet property needs.
• Verifies that periodic inventories of applications and hardware are conducted.
Forecasting and Complying with Financial Parameters
• Analyzes, communicates and implements property strategy to drive technology revenue and contribute to property’s overall business success.
• Manages technology profit and loss. Responsible for monitoring and controlling all technology-impacted revenues and expenses generated by the property including, but not limited to: telecommunications, HSIA, business center technologies and A/V.
• Verifies that property management has realistically budgeted CAPEX and department operating budgets based on anticipated IT projects and property support/needs requirements.
• Advises and verifies that property management has adequately addressed technology needs in short- and long-term planning.
• Reviews vendor proposals and selects appropriate vendor for technologies/hardware.
Building Successful Relationships
• Communicates IR standards and best practices.
• Is expected to present proposals, analyses, projects, cost-models, etc. in a well- written and/or verbally articulate manner.
• Is viewed as a credible leader by subordinates, peers, and senior management.
• Provides exceptional customer service.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• May have direct management responsibility for property-based system managers and technicians. Provides work direction to cluster–based systems technicians and managers.
• Responsible for hiring, training, development, compensation, performance management of direct reports. Additionally, provides performance feedback to Area System Manager on cluster support positions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Job ID: 20200685
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.