Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Incumbent works as a company expert with in-depth knowledge and expertise in a particular digital domain and related disciplines. Provides professional advice and guidance regarding digital solutions, use cases, platforms, and architecture. Develops digital processes, strategies, frameworks, and best practices. Scouts for and introduces new digital technologies. Proposes cost effective, reusable, and innovative digital design and architecture models. The incumbent is proficient in leading and facilitating the implementation of digital programs and initiatives. Represents the company in engagements with vendors, technology providers, and consultants.
Undertakes research studies and technical assessments in his/her field of expertise and presents outcomes and recommendations to executive management. Works on special assignments and develops plans with impact across multiple company organizations. Develops corporate modernizations plans of legacy systems using state of the art digital technologies.
- Provides expert advice to management as well as technical and business subject matter experts in all matters related to his field of expertise.
- Leads digital agile development, ideation and design thinking sessions, use cases and business cases development. Develops corporate digital flagship programs. Manages digital projects portfolio including prioritization and funding. Oversees digital projects execution by various execution agencies.
- Conducts studies, research, and analysis in his field and makes recommendations to address business challenges. Develops standards, guidelines, and best practices in his field. Works as company representative in his domain with professional societies and external entities.
- Leads the development, implementation, and introduction of new technologies and solutions, proof of concepts, prototypes, and minimum viable products to proof the value to Saudi Aramco.
- Leads large digital projects in his domain. Defines optimum implementation methods including off-shelf, software-as-a-service, and in-house custom development. Designs, develops, and recommends deployment environments including cloud, on premise, and hybrid.
- Provides technical leadership to capital programs by initiating, designing and conducting studies to introduce new technologies in capital programs scope in order to increase revenue, optimize processes, protect the environment, and improve safety.
- Recommends acquisitions of technologies, upgrades of digital platforms, and retirement of legacy systems. Develops plans to scale-up digital solutions across the company.
- Develops, maintains, and manages architecture and data governance and compliance frameworks. Assess, identify, and mitigate key risks for the corporate digital strategy and programs.
- Bachelor degree in IT or engineering relevant fields with preference for higher education degree holders.
- 12+ years of experience in Digital Transformation solutions, Data & AI.
- Previous experience with Strategy roadmap and operationalization
- Strong knowledge in digital architecture and solution engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Firm grasp of emerging digital technologies.
- Thorough understanding of digital trends and emerging technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess broad knowledge of best practices in digital transformation.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.