Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
PwC is the largest professional services firm in the Middle East with over 6,000 employees offering unparalleled range of expert capabilities from Strategy through to Deals, Consulting, Tax and Assurance Services. PwC operates across 12 countries in the region and serves both public and private sector clients.
Within PwC, our Deals line of service helps organizations execute successful deals and create value through strategy definition and due diligence for domestic and cross-border M&A, divestitures and spin-offs, capital markets transactions like IPOs and debt offerings, and bankruptcies and other business
Deals Strategy & Operations Overview:
Deals Strategy & Operations (DSO) provides strategic and operational advice across the deal continuum from setting the deal strategy to post-deal execution. Examples of services we undertake include advising
funds on strategic decisions, supporting businesses in conducting commercial due diligence on potential target acquisitions, developing business plans and corporate strategies, and assessing feasibilities of
potential investments. Our team includes a diverse mix of profiles with people with relevant strategy, investment, and operations experience combined with deep industry expertise. Our clients include regional and international corporates, leading private equity houses, family offices, major banks and
investment funds, and government entities.
The Energy, Utilities, Mining and Infrastructure (EUMI) team within DS&O is seeking to hire an experienced Manager or Senior Manager to work closely with the leadership to develop the EUMI vertical,
and work across a range of Deals advisory assignments from commercial / business diligence to transaction advisory in joint ventures & alliances.
As a Manager or Senior Manager within the EUMI team in DS&O, your responsibilities will include:
● Overseeing the successful delivery of projects, which may include multiple projects at a time, while leading a team of 3-4 consultants.
● Managing the client relationship on a day-to-day basis including other stakeholders.
● Structuring and ensuring the development of reports encompassing the
relevant analysis, findings and recommendations
● Supporting on business development efforts across key geographies in the GCC and within the EUMI sectors / subsectors
Preferred Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of, and/or proven record of success in, commercial due diligence or corporate strategy roles, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, private equity or corporate organizations, emphasizing the following:
1) Understanding various facets of mergers, integrations, spin-offs and/or divestiture transactions, including options analyses and recommendations.
2) Assisting clients with strategic planning and business reviews; growth, market entry and international expansion; and market opportunity sizing.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities, and/or proven record of success with, managing and developing strategic client relationships while providing the highest quality client work across multiple client projects:
- Building solid and collaborative relationships with team members and fostering a productive teamwork environment.
- Taking an active role in new business development and pursuit activities, including client lead maturation, proposal development, and closing new business opportunities.
- Delivering significant business results that reflect strategic and creative thinking and individual initiative.
- Managing complex projects while functioning as a trusted advisor at the highest levels of client organizations.
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing
networks of client relationships.
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of complex data, including Market and competitor analysis (market sizing, drivers and dynamics), customer analysis and internal analysis (strategic analysis, business model reviews, and financials).
- Developing high-impact work plans: prioritizing issues that drive the answer,
developing creative ways to prove or disprove hypotheses, estimating time and resourcing required for work modules.
- Managing multi-resource engagements: using work plans to manage day-to-day execution, removing roadblocks, proactively asking for help, effectively
communicating up, down and laterally.
- Improving work processes: proactively finding standard-setting for engagement execution, codifying and sharing new insights.
- Providing direction, coaching and guidance to junior resources.
- Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently; to and/or for all levels of audiences, clients and internal staff and management.
- Synthesizing issues for leadership team;
- Managing project workstreams and developing proposals, deliverables and reports using the Microsoft suite of applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Multi-tasking and balancing time effectively, keeping a rapid pace without sacrificing quality.
- Understanding advanced analytics and big data is preferred.
Minimum years experience required
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience in a strategy consulting firm, private equity, investment fund, or other environments where similar skills have been developed.
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university with high scores (top 10% in class and/or above 3.6/4 CGPA)
- MBA from top business school is preferred, though not essential
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
About PwC Middle East
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.