Line of Service
Business Recovery Services
Job Description & Summary
PwC ME is a leading professional services firm and we pride ourselves on our vision, values and the ability to provide an exceptional service to a vast network of clients. We are a firm full of energy, challenge, innovation and opportunities. Our people connect their thinking, experience and solutions to enhance value for our clients. Business Restructuring Services (BRS) at PwC Middle East operates within our Advisory (Deals) practice. The BRS team is involved in delivering a range of services to businesses that are stressed or distressed, from debt restructuring/rescheduling advice through to formal insolvency engagements.
As a Manager you need to consistently do the following:
• Lead multiple client development efforts, design and sell engagements, as well as manage client relations in a consulting environment
• Develop detailed project scope/deliverable design and work plans
• Pitch for and manage projects (often simultaneously) providing consulting services covering debt and corporate restructuring ranging from strategy, structure, accounting and finance, human resource, internal control, etc.
• Ensure projects are delivered on time/budget, meet or exceed client expectations
• Conduct frequent interactions with executive clients and provide insights, recommendations and reports on issues impacting the client’s business
• Perform various financial analyses, especially financial modelling
• Draft and present client deliverables including reports and presentations
• Identify project engagement and delivery risks and ensure compliance with internal firm and regulatory procedures.
• Provide support and on the job coaching to junior members of project teams
In your role, who do you report to:
- Senior Manager or above, depending on complexity of engagements
Qualification/ Educational requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business, Accounting or other related major
- Should be a qualified chartered accountant (ACA/ACCA is preferred)
- You will have an outstanding academic record from a well-recognized institution
Skills and experience required:
- 5-7 years proven experience in areas such as investment, finance and accounting
- At least 3 years’ experience in debt restructuring/rescheduling
- Experience in operational restructuring, cost reduction, working capital management, shared services, process improvement is advantageous.
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Past work experience in a deals based environment with a proven track record of being able to deliver successful outcomes in a short period of time
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) with an ability to communicate and negotiate effectively in heightened stress situations with professionals of a variety of experiences and backgrounds
- Strong business development skills with a desire to build relationships with clients and other advisers
- Ability to undertake high volume of work
- Ability to plan activities and set priorities to meet deadlines and get positive results
- Expertise in delivering high-quality project outcomes in accordance with the scope of work, quality standards and budget
- Ability to coach assistant manager levels and below to recognize strengths and provide timely feedback for professional development
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – ability to demonstrate excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills is advantageous
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
About PwC Middle East
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.