Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Data Governance Specialist to join Corporate Data Governance Office Division of Digital Transformation Admin Area.
The Corporate Data Governance Office Division is responsible for planning and executing a world-class Corporate-wide data governance to ensure all information assets are proactively and efficiently managed throughout Saudi Aramco to foster innovation, to amplify the value and quality of corporate data and to warrant compliance with national and international regulations.
The Data Governance Specialist primary role is to lead and manage corporate-wide data governance activities. The position will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to a corporate data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices at all levels of the organization in order to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business digital needs. The Data Governance specialist will work closely with relevant organizations to ensure escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues. He/she will also work closely with business and operational areas to improve the quality and value of core data assets, and respond to regulatory protection requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
Candidate will be required to perform the following:
- Establish and govern an enterprise Data Governance Implementation Plan including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities.
- Rollout an enterprise wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior, policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of Saudi Aramco principal information assets.
- Serve as a liaison between business and operational areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning.
- Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems and owners.
- Assist in the facilitation of Saudi Aramco existing data quality standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise.
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements.
- Lead and comprise resources from the business and operations areas, as well as IT organization, to achieve their objectives; resolve issues escalated from business and operational areas data governance representatives.
- In conjunction with IT organization and other stakeholders, provide progress reports to the Digital Transformation chief officer and oversee periodic updates to the Corporate Data Governance Office Division
- Coordinate should evaluate data sources to eliminate redundancy and streamline the expense related to those services.
- Identify new business opportunities pertaining to the use of information assets to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace / represent data as a strategic business asset at the Digital Transformation Officer and Senior Management levels.
As the successful candidate you will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management of Information System, or Information Management from a recognized and approved program. An advanced degree is preferred.
You will have ten (10) years of experience in a major organization, with large-scale data management and oversight experience, including at least five (5) years in a senior management role, or transformation leadership experience.
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices.
- Practical track records in data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection.
- Possess knowledge of data related governance regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues.
- Demonstrate consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design.
- Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions
- Recognized as a subject matter expert in the data governance domain.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.