Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramcos value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdoms vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Crude Oil Treatment Research Expert to join our Oil & Gas Treatment R&D Division, which is responsible for providing innovative technology solutions and leveraging in-house capabilities to address evolving business and operational mid-stream challenges and needs. These objectives are pursued through three technology programs: Gas Separation and Natural Gas Storage, Crude Oil Separation, and Water Treatment Program.
The Crude Oil Treatment Research Expert is responsible for providing superior technical insight and consultancy to Aramco R&D and Engineering project teams on issues related to crude oil treatment technologies in the midstream segment, and acting as Aramcos technical authority for the development, evaluation and selection of cost-effective technologies to ensure compliance with crude oil quality specifications at its Gas Oil Separation Plants (GOSPs).
- Conduct pre-feasibility and full feasibility studies on novel technologies, including chemical, mechanical, electrostatic and thermal options, to guarantee maintaining crude oil quality standards at the lowest cost.
- Develop plans for bench-scale, pilot, and demonstration studies for novel crude oil treatment technologies, and provide expert guidance during their execution.
- Conduct optimization studies of crude oil treatment systems.
- Perform simulation studies to develop novel crude oil treatment technology options suitable for different crude oil reservoirs.
- Identify and lead collaboration activities with leading institutes/organizations in the development of crude oil treatment technologies in upstream surface facilities, and connect with the world-leading experts as needed.
- Provide superior technical guidance during complex troubleshooting for GOSPs.
- Liaise with relevant Aramco stakeholders to ensure in-house technology options are deployed promptly.
- Serve as Aramcos technical spokesperson on issues related to crude oil treatment, and enhance the worldwide technical reputation of Aramco.
- Provide expert input to Aramco technology roadmaps, and regularly review alignment with other business units.
- Ph.D. in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, with strong background on midstream crude oil treatment processes.
- Fifteen years of experience in R&D relevant to midstream crude oil treatment technologies.
- Extensive scientific/technical authority and a broad technical credibility:
- Member of editorial/consultative committees of leading journals/associations related to midstream crude oil treatment technologies.
- Extensive list of publications and patents.
- Proven track record of initiating, overseeing, and conducting advanced technical projects with a proven ability to connect commercial technology, R&D, and operational excellence.
- Hands-on experience in field operations and engineering projects.
- Experience leading technical experts with diverse backgrounds and nationalities.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the worlds biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.