Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramcos value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdoms vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Cost Engineer to join the Project Metrics Division of the Project Management Office Department.
The Project Metrics Division is responsible for providing cost engineering, planning and scheduling, performance analysis, and claims resolution support companywide for Saudi Aramco suite of projects.
The Cost Engineers primary role is to carry out cost functions during all stages of the project. These functions are related to the project cost activities and project execution of major capital projects in support of the Company’s Capital Program.
Duties will include analysis and evaluation of project cost, project forecast, and cost trend analysis. The individual will be required to provide professional judgment and experience in business & program cost planning, cost estimating, cost control, cost forecasting and change management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cost analysis, cost controls and reporting activities for Capital and non-Capital projects.
- Provide input and recommendations for cost engineering requirements relative to staffing, project controls, and preparing and analyzing comparisons of scope.
- Organize, monitor and control project costs and will define project needs for cost control in accordance with contractual requirements, objectives, and Company procedures.
- Assist in the deployment, development and/or enhancing SAP modules and Unifier business processes.
- Participate in the preparation of the Business Plans, and the CAPEX performance monitoring.
- Participate in adding values to Saudi Aramco intellectual capital statement by embedding Knowledge for our project controls business to standards, best practices, methods, or processes.
- Provide staff guidance to engineering and construction supervisors in areas of project cost controls expertise by analyzing and evaluating all pertinent data.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and appropriateness of cost information collected from project teams or contractors, and advise of potential cost control shortfalls and recommend corrective actions.
- Analyze contractors’ cost reports and extract required data for management reporting.
- Prepare and report cost engineering information on a monthly basis and additional ad-hoc reports as required by Management. Assist in or initiate orientation, mentoring and training of junior Cost Engineers and Professional Development Program employees.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, finance, accounting related discipline (preferably from a recognized University) Advanced degree is desirable, but not mandatory.
- Minimum of 10 years cost engineering experience in oil and gas, petrochemical, refinery projects or facilities, with experience in managing project budgets, cost tracking, forecasting; and financial reporting with a Broad, and multi-discipline knowledge.
- International experience is highly desirable with preferred MENA experience.
- A certification from Professional Organization is highly recommended.
- Able to communicate fluently in both oral and written English.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the worlds biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.