Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an experienced Contracts Advisor who is experienced in the construction industry to join our Project Management team (PMT). Saudi Aramco Project Management Teams are responsible and accountable for the delivery of best in class capital projects. PMT is directly involved in executing and managing assigned projects safely, on schedule, within budget and to the highest standards of integrity and compliance. This will involve engineering design, procurement and construction of various sizes ($), types and complexity of small, medium to multi-billion-dollar mega projects.
Project Management Team manages and executes projects usually from multiple site offices or engineering contractor design offices, geographically scattered throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The primary role is contract development and administration functions. You will work both independently and part of a team to support all contract related tasks for all projects. You are also expected to look at contractual issues objectively, and resolve disputed change orders in proactive manner and achieve appropriate resolutions.
You will be required to perform the following:
- Develop/ review different types of contracts/agreements for the projects.
- Administer the contracts and ensure all terms and conditions are implemented by all projects.
- Develop review contracting strategy & plan for different types of projects.
- Conduct market analysis to determine the best type of contract for the project and provide alternatives.
- Implement Saudi Aramco Procurement Manual for all contracts and consciously monitor implementation.
- Develop/review change order packages and ensure compliance to related guidelines and procedures.
- Develop/review negotiation strategies for change orders.
- Participate in negotiation meetings for all change orders.
- Ensure implementation of the supplier performance evaluation by project teams.
- Conduct/participate in counselling sessions with low performing contractors and log the required actions.
- Provide contracting consultations to project teams to resolve any issues/ disputes.
- Provide feedback to project teams regarding contract terms and conditions to avoid occurrence of disputes or breach to the contract.
- Develop/review contract amendments.
- Perform contract closeout actions upon project completion.
- Prepare/review contracting reports to management.
- Prepare/review different types of agreements/MOUs with external parties and potential JVs.
- Uphold work ethics and maintain high standards of professional behavior and conduct.
- EDUCATION: B.S. in LAW/contracts management and a higher degree is preferred.
- OVERALL EXPERIENCE: Fifteen (15) years of specialized contracting experience in design, consultancy, Joint Ventures, and construction contracts/agreements related to refining and the petrochemical industries, such that the incumbent is clearly recognized as an expert in this field.
- LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written) and no second language is required.
- OTHER: Must have expert understanding of contract administration principle and best practices.
- OTHER: Dynamic attitude towards process improvements
- OTHER: Flexible to work in multinational teams and mobilize to different locations including remote areas as needed.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.