Continuous Improvement Manager
We are Amazon; we pioneer.
Since opening our virtual doors 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with standing still.
Amazon’s overall mission is simple: to be the place where customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever customers want, Amazon will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
The Continuous Improvements Manager supports, coordinates and facilitates implementation of new and improved structures, processes and activities. Working closely with MENA teams and all levels of management within the Fulfillment Center (FC), you report directly to the Regional Continuous Improvement Manager.
For this role you will need to be adaptable, challenge motivated and thrive on implementing high standard productivity and simplicity using Kaizen/PDCA methods. Curiosity and the confidence to take calculated risks quickly are core characteristics for Continuous Improvements Managers.
- Manage the Fulfilment Centre improvement plan to focus on best customer experience at the lowest cost
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement and lean thinking
- Contribute to and facilitate Kaizen activities
- Help drive the implementation of Lean Standard Work
- Train and support all levels in Kaizen activities
- Disseminate Lean Standard Work principles across teams
- Support and manage the Fulfilment Centre implementation Agenda
- Take ownership for the LSC (Leadership Steering Committee)
- Coordinate and prioritise LSC process improvement activities and resources
- Lead daily GEMBA activities, going to the source of the problem, working with tenacity to rapidly solve associate identified barriers
- Standardize processes to Amazon and ECCF benchmark standards
- Liaise between FC and MENA/ECCF to drive leverage of cross-FC process excellence
- Maintain strong relationships with MENA/ECCF Process Owners and FC Process Engineer
Key job responsibilities
The ability to create and follow data driven arguments to ascertain root cause, then implement Amazon standard or innovate to develop a solve. Agility to react to countermeasures and a bias for action to implement change. The understanding of Kaizen, PDCA and six sigma processes would be advantageous.
About the team
You will report into the Regional FC ACES Leader, whilst supporting local actions and DDD observations by site leaders. As part of teh MENA region CI team you will be integral in leading and supporting effective and efficient change. You will be supported by the SME team and business analyst to expedite effective change.
In addition to having shop-floor affinity and experience in Industrial Engineering, Business Process Engineering, Quality, Operations or Logistics, you are an active networker with:
- Degree level or higher
- Project Portfolio Management experience
- A strong record of team leadership in large-scale, rapid, process-driven environments
- Very strong analytical capabilities
- The ability to translate operational issues into workable solutions
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Fluent English
Preferred Qualifications – In-depth knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and its practical usage
- Wide knowledge of change management and continuous improvement methodologies
- Demonstrable training and dissemination skills and experience
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."