Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
You will be working within the Economics and Sustainability team (E&S). We are an analysis-driven team that uses economic principles and techniques to support the strategy and policy making process. We help governments and private sector organisations make better decisions, grounded in robust and compelling evidence. We provide the necessary foresight that help make and deliver critical business decisions and investments. We work across the Middle East for clients in a range of sectors, including but not limited to central government, real estate, energy and utilities, transport and health.
The work we typically undertake includes:
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy assessments
Net zero carbon strategies and plans
Green recovery strategies and policies
We are a new and rapidly growing business unit, capitalising on changing trends in the regional market. The team offers you the opportunity to develop and apply your knowledge of economics in a commercial environment to solve important problems for our public and private sector clients.
- Experience in working on projects in one of the following areas: ESG assessments for businesses, sustainability impact assessment, coupling environmental and macroeconomic analysis or forecasting, green recovery or green economy in policy development, climate change transition and physical risk assessments, Greenhouse gas emissions calculations and scenario modelling for net zero strategies, natural capital assessments and ecosystem service modelling
- Familiar with and proven experience in using contemporary international standards on sustainability measurement, assessment tools and methodologies related to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs 7, 13, 14, 15) as well as with collaborative initiatives being undertaken by governments and businesses to meet their international commitments (eg. climate action platform of UNFCCC)
- Experience in sustainability and climate change impact analysis or related modelling techniques
- Proven ability to structure issues and use analytical skills to solve complex problems
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience through written and oral communication
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Suite is mandatory and experience in working with relevant sustainability, climate change and biodiversity modelling software
- Proven experience of delivering high-quality strategic engagements across multiple industries
- Strong interest and passion for developing, growing and leading a team through advanced coaching and mentoring, as well as proactive knowledge sharing
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East or where the project requirements dictate
- Proven commitment to continuous learning
Masters (preferable) – Sustainability and/or Public Policy or a related topic
Bachelor’s Degree in Environment, Social Science or Economics
Years of Exp
3 – 6 years of experience in a similar industry/role
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
About PwC Middle East
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.