Line of Service
Advisory – People and Organisation
Job Description & Summary
A career within People and Organisation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients reset their talent strategies and deliver extraordinary business results through their people. We focus on evaluating and managing their unique challenges so our clients can maximise their return on the overall investment in human capital. You’ll gain a tremendous depth of expertise in all aspects of human capital, including creating sustainable value through people culture and change, designing compensation and retirement strategies, and improving human capital operations.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Add value to our clients by helping them address complex people related issues, deliver on a sound HR strategy, achieve sustainable results and demonstrate real impact.
- Reporting to a People and Organisation Director or Partner lead cross-functional internal and client teams to develop and deliver strategic people and organisational change in challenging client environments and high-growth industries, with a particular focus on Organisational Change and Culture.
- Advise clients on strategic people-related matters and design solutions that can help transform clients’ organisations.
- Work closely with People and Organisation Directors and client teams to build strong relationships at all levels and act as the day-to-day project manager.
- Collaborate with senior PwC colleagues throughout the client assignment and take responsibility for developing junior colleagues through on-the-job coaching, knowledge sharing and consistent feedback.
- Be the team go-to-person for Organisational Change and Culture and maintain a keen interest in HR trends and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Assist in creating and presenting winning proposals to support our clients in the UAE and broader Middle East.
- Work with colleagues across all Middle Eastern offices on client engagements and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- Keep up to date with current regional and global economic and business trends.
- Whilst working in the People and Organisation team you will further build on your knowledge of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other People and Organisation experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- The following qualification(s) are preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role CIPD, GPHR, SHRM or equivalent is preferred.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluency in both English and Arabic is a prerequisite.
- Proven experience of managing and delivering high-quality strategic engagements across multiple industries.
- Experience of building strong client relationships across multiple industries and geographies.
- In-depth understanding of strategic change management and communication activities, including but not limited to, conducting interviews and facilitating workshops with senior client leadership; developing new HR strategies and policies, processes and procedures to reflect new market challenges, economic impacts, technological changes, or competitive pressures.
- Strong interest and passion for developing, growing and leading a team through coaching and mentoring, as well as proactive knowledge sharing.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in human capital management, of which a least 4 years will have been in a consulting environment ideally with one of the Big 4 firms, HR consulting companies or a global strategy house.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
March 18, 2021
About PwC Middle East
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.