Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Risk Consulting practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
In Risk, you’ll help clients to protect their brand and enhance their commercial performance by capitalising on every business opportunity while minimising risks.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Whilst working in the Risk team you will develop your understanding of the key methodologies, tools, practices and trends in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other Financial Services experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Execute engagement activities/work-streams on day-to-day basis. Ensure strict adherence to agreed timelines
- Ensure quality of output exceeds expectations agreed with client and Project Manager.
- Work with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- Keep up to date with current Risk function trends from the region and from across the world.
- Handle Risk project and encourage team participation in a collaborative basis, with a focus on knowledge sharing and thought leadership.
- Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility while working on engagement activities; stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client’s business; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
Sector Specific Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, and Economics, Quantitative Analysis or other related major required.
- CA/CFA/FRM/Masters in Financial Engineering or equivalent ideal.
- Strong knowledge and experience of developing statistical models in R or SAS (Base SAS or EG). Certification in Base SAS will be a plus.
- Preferable qualifications: Masters in Finance/Economics.
- Management at a reputed Bank or Consulting Firm. As an exception 2-3 years can be considered given very specific skills.
- Good knowledge or prior experience of working on key regulations in FS space including IFRS 9, Basel II, Basel III, MIFID, FRTB would be an added plus.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
- Strong ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis.
- Ability to understand client context (across a variety of problem areas), structure the issue and develop the fit-for-purpose solution in the areas of operations, process optimisation, strategic growth, customer experience or the like.
- Proven strong conceptualized thinking and analytical capabilities.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in Excel, Word and Power point.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written).
Minimum years experience required
- 3-4 years of experience in Financial Services Risk
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
About PwC Middle East
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.