Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Risk Consulting practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
In Risk, you’ll help clients to protect their brand and enhance their commercial performance by capitalising on every business opportunity while minimising risks.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, and Economics, Quantitative Analysis or other related major is ideal.
- Strong knowledge and experience of developing statistical models in R or SAS (Base SAS or EG). Certification in Base SAS will be a plus.
- Must demonstrate T-model of competency with deep expertise in a specific risk vertical – could include one or more of Risk Analytics, Credit Risk, ERM, ALM or Market Risk. In addition should demonstrate broad awareness of generic concepts covering a broad range of risk and regulatory domain areas.
- Must demonstrate at least one of the following:
- Extensive industry experience with Banks/FIs preferably in Risk Domain
- Extensive analytics/methodology expertise – Statistical model building
- Extensive consulting experience in risk/analytics domain
- End-to-end Risk Solution implementation experience – Moody’s/SAS
- Good knowledge or prior experience of working on key regulations in FS space including IFRS 9, Basel II, Basel III, MIFID, FRTB would be an added plus.
Minimum years experience required
- 7-8 years of experience in Financial Services Risk Management at a reputed Bank or Consulting Firm.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
About PwC Middle East
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.