Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 6,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Our growing Consumer Industrial Products & Services (CIPS) practice provides management consulting services in the areas of strategy and operations, aiming to help a diverse set of clients anticipate and address their most complex business challenges.
CIPS is comprised of five priority industry sectors: Retail & Consumer Products, Industrial Products – Industrial Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Construction and Real Estate, and Transportation and Logistics.
Within CIPS Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
As a member of PwC’s Transport & Logistics practice you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best and brightest consultants across the industry.
Regionally, the Transport & Logistics sector is playing a pivotal role in both shaping and enabling ongoing national transformation programs through enhancing national infrastructure, intra and interconnectivity, service and safety levels and attraction of foreign direct investments. PwC is at the heart of this sector’s transformation. We boast a globally recognised practice that is 5000 professionals with strong roots in the Middle East region. Our regional practice brings deep multi-modal expertise.
As a Senior Associate you would have experience in either of the following: ports, maritime, land transport, logistics and post, rail and metro within a consulting or strategy firm. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop and deliver operations strategies with a particular emphasis on the implementation of cost reduction initiatives and continuous improvement.
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in different sectors and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Write and present winning proposals to support our clients in the Middle East.
- Supporting the development of new propositions to help our client.
- You should be able to leverage your experience in different industries to bring best practices to support our clients in achieving set engagement goals.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world.
- You should have led teams and mentored/ trained other members in your team/ business unit in order to foster a high performance team environment.
- Whilst working in the T&L team you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Experience in strategic planning, operational improvement, data analytics, operational transformation, junior team leadership, mid-tier client man
- Demonstrated progression and advancement into positions of greater responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to impact top and/ or bottom line financial results.
- Self-starter, eager to break new ground, and create opportunities for others.
- Team-oriented and demonstrated success in delivering results and leading teams, significant management responsibility early in the career is a plus.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university with consistent outstanding academic record; advanced degree or MBA is preferred.
Years of Experience: 4 – 6 years of relevant experience ideally with one of the Big4 firms, a consultancy or a global strategy house, or in a challenging in-house role.
Strong Consulting background (high performer in a strategy house or Big 4).
Have worked on projects within Transport and Logistics Industries (Maritime & Ports / Railways and Railroads / Aviation or Airports)
Strong written and oral communication skills with a confident presence and the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas.
Ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East.
About PwC Middle East
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.