Line of Service
Power and Utilities
Job Description & Summary
PwC has been providing professional services to energy companies for more than 100 years. Our global practice is comprised of more than 3,000 people who serve only energy, power and mining clients and receive extensive training to support this industry focus.
Our Middle East Energy Practice headquartered in Abu Dhabi provides a comprehensive portfolio of professional business advisory and consulting services, capabilities, and offerings addressing all segments and all functions in the value chain of a utility in the region.
- Senior Managers in Power, Water and Environment will lead end-to-end strategy and operations engagements focused on evaluating current state, identifying future state opportunities and creating holistic transformation business cases.
- Lead cross functional internal and client teams, across strategy and transformation initiatives, to develop and deliver end-to-end solutions.
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in the Power and Water Sector and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Write and present winning proposals to support our clients, operating in the wider area of Power, Water and Environment in the region, on strategy, operational/quality improvement and cost reduction.
- Supporting the development of new propositions to help our client standardise how processes, policies and procedures and implemented in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Communicating solutions and new strategies to clients through technical reports and presentations.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate; and,
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world.
- Working to mentor and train other members of the business unit and the project team in order to foster a high performance team environment.
- Whilst working as part of the team you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other sector experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Years of Experience: 10 years of relevant industry experience within a leading utility or 6-8 years within a management consultancy, offering strategy and transformation services to the Power and Water sectors. The candidate will have gained the following skills / knowledge:
- In-depth understanding of the Utility business, value chain and drivers
- Understanding of energy policies in the Middle East and globally
- Knowledge of the Demand and Supply dynamics of the Power and Water sector in the region.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong interest and passion for developing strategy and business planning initiative for some of the biggest and best Power and Utilities firms in the Middle East.
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes: Microsoft suite of products and or Google Suite.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English and Arabic is preferred.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
February 14, 2021
About PwC Middle East
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.