Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Composites Integrity Specialist to join the Non-metallic Applications Development Division within our Research & Development Center (R&DC).
The Non-metallic Applications Development division is responsible for conducting cutting-edge research activities to disrupt non-metallic businesses, and enabling further adoption of polymeric materials at a global level. Accordingly, the division is mandated to develop new polymeric composites-based technologies (e.g. pipes and tanks) which are able to replace metals, thereby creating more applications and further market penetration of polymers.
The research programs under this division target five key sectors (Oil & Gas, Building & Construction, Automotive, Renewables and Packaging) where the opportunities for polymer utilization are remarkable. As part of this effort, the development of enabling technologies is of a great interest to Aramco. Technologies able to properly and reliably inspect and monitor the performance of composites during operations are critically needed to fast track market penetration of composites by boosting the confidence of users and ensure safe operations.
The Specialist’s primary role is to develop and implement new research programs focusing on cost-effective solutions including: inspection technologies, structural health monitoring systems, and predictive maintenance tools. This role also includes establishing partnerships with national and international organizations to advance technology development and ensure effective commercialization of the developed technologies.
- Develop/adapt inspection solutions for damage detection in composite structures.
- Develop and validate sensors for composites.
- Integrate solutions/tools into composite structures (retrofitting and/or newly manufactured).
- Develop and validate numerical models to predict composite structure behavior.
- Develop and deploy solutions for data collection and decision making.
- Conduct technical feasibility studies.
- Design R&D strategies.
- Lead lab technician(s) and junior scientists and engage with external partners to advance the technology readiness level of the targeted development.
- Plan, execute, and implement projects, analyze data, and liaise with stakeholders to ensure seamless integration with ongoing efforts associated with Non-metallic initiatives.
- Train junior scientists/engineers while keeping abreast with engineering and scientific developments in the field of integrity management of composite.
- PhD in, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Physics
- At least ten years of R&D experience in Integrity Management, including at least five years in the field of composites developing technologies able to inspect, sense and predict the performance of composite structures to ensure proper integrity management of assets in the energy sector.
- Strong background in all aspects under Integrity management including: Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) and numerical tools to predict the performance of composite structures during their life cycle.
- Master-level understanding of composites behavior in different environments, and in identifying failure envelopes.
- Ability to establish new research programs to develop tools able to assess the performance of composites and predict possible failures that could affect their integrity.
- Ability to set corporate R&D strategies, develop technology roadmaps, establish innovation ecosystem and new business partnerships.
- Experienced in managing complex projects, including: milestone tracking, project finance and contract development, as well as technology licensing and commercialization.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills, with the ability to influence and build relationships with customers.
- Must have the ability to publish papers in highly-recognized journals, present research outcomes in international events and grant patents based on novel research results.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.