Amazon is looking for a Category Vendor Manager to join the OHL team – one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses. The Vendor Manager will be responsible for driving the top and bottom lines of multiple product categories, building vendor relationships, expanding selection, negotiating vendor terms, planning marketing promotions, and driving better product availability through operational improvements.
The candidate should have experience analyzing new business opportunities and building strong relationships, driving significant top and bottom line results, and be comfortable managing multiple responsibilities within a fast-paced environment. This candidate must be highly organized and be able to prioritize effectively. The candidate must also possess strong analytical acumen and be comfortable drawing metric-based conclusions by managing an extensive amount of data. The candidate must be savvy with MS Office (particularly Excel) and be receptive to working with new tools and databases. The successful candidate possesses superb business judgment, with a track record of successful relationship management, and strong analytical acumen, with experience generating and managing reports and analyses. The position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
Key job responsibilities
Key job responsibilities
A successful Category Vendor Manager will be able to:
Act as the ‘business owner’ for assigned categories, possessing a complete understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impacts this business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the business, along with responsibility for driving projects and promotions to achieve business objectives)
Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
Maximize Amazon’s business profitability and selection expansion opportunities
Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
Manage vendor relationships – manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds
Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external vendors, while meeting tight deadlines
Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
· Bachelor’s degree
· 6+ years in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis, marketing or a related field
· Experience with Excel and other tools to analyze data in order to support business decisions
· Good organizational skills, including prioritization and time management
· MBA with relevant business experience
· Relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management with a proven history of delivering results
· Proven experience leading teams & cross-functional projects
· Influencing abilities and vendor management experience
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
· Advanced experience with Excel, or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools
· Highly polished communication skills – speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
· Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
· A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
· Working in a start-up or early stage environment where you will be defining best practice for your function
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."