Amazon KSA is looking for a smart, enthusiastic, hard-working and creative Vendor Manager to join our Home business to be based out of Riyadh.
Often tagged as the “Amazon of the Middle East”, operates both as a retail site and as a marketplace for third party sellers. It offers a convenient and safe online shopping experience with online payments, option to pay cash on delivery and free returns.Amazon.sa offers a convenient, safe and enjoyable online shopping experience through a trusted website featuring more than 100,000 products from international and local brands at competitive prices.
The Vendor Manager will be responsible for developing and owning the P&L and strategy for one of the categories at a regional level for Amazon in KSA. Within this role, the individual will have the opportunity to drive category growth, manage category profitability, and identify means to improve the customer experience. We are seeking a seasoned individual with a broad skill-set including strong analytical skills, excellent business judgment, strong vendor management and negotiations skills, deep curiosity to uncover how things work, and a passion for creating a world class shopping experience for our customers. The candidate should be ready to do on-ground work and work with cross-functional teams to get things moving. He/she will work with vendors of all sizes and must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent Amazon at all levels
1. JOB PURPOSE
In this role, a successful candidate will be an effective communicator and problem-solver, and someone who is able to balance the needs and requirements of both Souq.com and the strategic supplier. This role is an ideal start to a dynamic career path at Souq.com for an ambitious candidate who is eager to drive a business.
2. JOB DESCRIPTION
Smart, eager, hard-working, creative candidate with strong analytical, organizational and merchandising skills.
Maintaining data quality for the product catalogue.
Building comprehensive brand destinations within Souq.com.
Coordinating and creating launch plans for new products/brands/categories.
Managing site placements and promotions to coordinate with relevant suppliers the event calendar if applicable.
Designing and executing targeted marketing campaigns if applicable in coordination with Head of Fashion and Marketing/Merchandising team.
Providing reporting and success metrics for campaigns and merchandising activities.
Reviewing sales and key metrics to identify areas of opportunity to optimize sales and reach new customers.
Management and responsibility of inventory levels.
Supplier’s management and engagement.
Manage inventory, open-to-buy, inventory health, item-level forecasting, assortment planning
Interact with operations teams and drive efficiencies through team collaboration
Manage inbound shipments: fill rate, SKUs, operational issues, lead time, quality, deviations.
Responsible for the category KPI’s
3. COMMUNICATION / INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
Internal: Management, Category Team, Marketing, Procurement, Other Inter-Departments
External: Suppliers, Vendors, Clients
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Business, or Management
· 8+ years of relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management/consulting with a proven track record of delivering results
· 8+ years’ experience in negotiations and vendor management
· MBA with relevant business experience
· Relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management with a proven history of delivering results
· Proven experience leading teams & cross-functional projects
· Influencing abilities and vendor management experience
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
· Advanced experience with Excel, or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools
· Highly polished communication skills – speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
· Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
· A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
· Working in a start-up or early stage environment where you will be defining best practice for your function
· Arabic Speaker
Proven English skills – both verbal and written. Arabic would be an advantage.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills inside and outside the organization.
Proactive and positive attitude, detail-oriented, and a team player.
Flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams and management.
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."