We’re expanding our team within Procurement! If you’re interested in joining a business where you can achieve amazing results and grow, this could be the role for you.
We are looking for Buyer to join our Fulfillment & Operations, at the heart of which you’ll find our Amazon logistics sites (AMZL).
This is a varied, complex role and every day is different!
The buyer is located in the Amazon logistics sites (AMZL) and is the Procurement Representative to the AMZL, ensures that the AMZL requirements are captured and shared with the Category Teams.
Is also acting as a first escalation point for local supplier issues and will ensures that the local stakeholders are appropriately trained on Procurement tools.
Buyers works with the store coordinator to ensure that the shipping supplies are appropriately accounted for and that the local needs of the AMZL is met, and work in full compliance with the company Spending and Transaction policy, educating and guiding the correct behaviors of business stakeholders
· Build effective local stakeholder relationships, ensuring a high service level in terms of quotations, quality compliance and lead-times for local projects
· Handle the relationship with internal customers – partner with internal customers to understand business needs, positively influence spending decisions, to analyse and make recommendations to the business.
· Support implementation of Catalogues and promote with local requesters higher spend penetration through Catalogues.
· Ensure flawless procurement procedures on site – working with the relevant people to make improvements where required.
· Identify savings opportunities and partner with Category Managers to deliver savings through tenders/negotiations/contract renewals.
· Support to negotiations, contracts implementation and maintenance, incl. supplier performance metrics.
· Implement and support local and EU wide procurement projects and initiatives including liaising with the Shared Procurement Center.
The Right Candidate…
· Fluency in English and in the local language relevant for the particular site location (Arabic)
· Constructive mindset
· Any additional sourcing and purchasing competencies would be advantageous.
· Demonstrated success handling inventory, including auditing, forecasting and planning.
· Ability to identify issues, develop solutions & motivation for results.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Problem-solving and analytical ability
· Bachelor’s degree or 2 years’ minimum professional experience in Procurement, Sourcing, Contracts Management or equivalent role.
· Contract and Price negotiation experience is advantageous
· Up to 10 %
Since our beginnings in 1995, Amazon has been propelling the boundaries of possible further and further. Whether it’s exploring successful new business lines, advancing our technology and processes to get the very quickest delivery times for our customers or delivering record volumes, Amazon has achieved incredible feats in defining industries. Our journey to become the Earth’s most customer-centric company is one full of exciting innovation, pace and change. From the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional in what we do. Our employees move this business forward and hiring great people allows us to continually set records.
Come and join us in building our future!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."