Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an Accounting Staff Analyst mainly responsible for English business proofreading to join the External Reporting Division (ERD) of the Planning, Budgeting & Performance Management Center (PB&PMC).
ERD is responsible for ensuring Saudi Aramco’s compliance with external reporting obligations as mandated by the relevant regulatory agencies that oversee the various stock exchanges on which the company’s equity and debt are listed. ERD prepares the Annual Report and Interim Reports (i.e. quarterly and half-yearly) to fulfill these reporting obligations, along with other ad hoc reports for external stakeholders. Topics covered in the Annual and Interim Reports include, but are not limited to: the company’s history, market and business overview, business strategy, financial and operational performance, management discussion and analysis and corporate governance reporting.
The successful candidate will be responsible for proofreading, and writing if needed, the aforementioned reports, and responding in a timely manner to queries from Management and other organizations within the company. The successful candidate will also be involved in proofreading other ad hoc documentation and publications.
This position requires basic understanding of complex company operations and the company’s operational/financial performance, and the ability to communicate these in a clear and concise manner acceptable for public reporting purposes. As such, we are seeking a candidate with a proven track record of producing and proofreading high quality external reports for large companies, ideally within the Energy sector.
You will be required to proofread and edit material for publication in the company’s Annual and Interim Reports for regulatory filing, and other ad hoc publications and documents. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Reading and evaluating written text for grammatical and typographical errors.
- Ensuring material is written and edited to follow established internal company-wide editorial guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Reviewing, and writing text if required, to ensure that document structure, language and writing style are consistent throughout the report.
- Ensuring illustrations are suitably captioned and referenced, and ensuring that design elements such as images, text spacing, positioning and fonts conform to set specifications and are applied consistently.
- Staying up-to-date with grammatical development and language standards as well as new terminologies in English language, English business language and within the Energy industry.
- Staying up-to-date with company-wide externally published work to ensure consistency when producing ERD documents and publications.
- Quickly establishing credibility in the position and interacting effectively with writers, business lines within the company, Management, external design agency and print shop.
- Communicating effectively in responding to queries from Management and other organizations within the company in a timely manner.
- Managing priorities and working under pressure and within tight timelines.
As the successful candidate, you will hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as international relations, journalism, English, or communications. A master’s degree is preferred but not necessary. In addition, you will have the following experience and skills:
- At least three years of experience as a writer and proofreader, preferably for a company in the Energy industry, or with an institutional or commercial publication, corporate publication, or educational publisher.
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English with an eye for detail and accuracy. A good command of business Arabic is desirable, but not a requirement.
- Extensive experience in writing, editing, and proofreading, with excellent grammar and communication skills.
- Experience in writing in standard American English.
- Strong IT skills, with a proficiency in Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.