Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
The Retail & Strategy Development Department (RSDD) is the owner of Aramco’s fuel retail business. The department’s aim is to expand Aramco’s presence in the downstream fuels value chain by developing retail businesses in high-value local, regional and global markets with the objectives to support Aramco Downstream business’ financial resilience, capture market margins, generate stable profits, integrate demand centers with new and existing manufacturing assets, provide outlets for surplus products, and expand trading opportunities. The department manages marketing and branding activities which includes development of: brand guidelines, marketing and communication messages and platforms. In addition, the department is responsible for strategy and business development, including investment and M&A activities. RSDD also includes a technical division which oversees the execution of network growth projects and technology deployment.
This role will support the development of new fuel and retail business ventures by screening and evaluating new business proposals and participating in the development of moderately complex to complex new business transactions, and may be involved in the structuring and negotiation of deals to achieve optimum deal closure. The Business Development Specialist role will also include leading low to medium scope projects with considerable independence, or as part of a team on larger projects. This role also partners with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment as the business grows, and provide technical direction to direction to project teams.
- Screens independent and integrated retail fuel business proposals using pre-defined filtering criteria, and researches relevant intelligence to back up screening results in order to estimate the effort and resources required to develop pre-feasibility studies and concept papers in order to establish technical, financial and marketing viability of new ventures, and business planning of approved concepts.
- Writes concept papers that establish a strategic and business case to further develop complex business ventures and synthesize complex information from feasibility studies that serve as inputs to business plans and deliver a business plan.
- Provides functional expertise to determine the capabilities of potential new ventures to succeed, e.g. operating models, non-fuel offerings, branding, sales, marketing, logistics, and customer care.
- Develops and optimizes economic and financial models for complex business proposals including, assumptions verification, and presentation of concept papers and business plans to management.
- Evaluates business opportunities, including: valuation techniques and methodologies; defining scope of due diligence required and leading due diligence activities; presenting results of valuation and due diligence activities; supporting development of business offering packages to potential investors; coordinating development of commercial agreements; and reviewing legal documents.
- Supports negotiation of agreements based on developed strategy, manages business portfolio, and screens potential investors.
- Develops updates to the retail and downstream strategy when required and present them to the company strategic committee for approval.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Economics, Accounting, or Engineering disciplines, professional certifications such as CFA, CMA, or (PMP) preferred.
- At least 12 years’ business development experience in retail fuels or related businesses.
Title : Certified Financial Analyst (CFA)
Req./Pref. : Preferred
Title : Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Req./Pref. : Preferred
Title : Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
Req./Pref. : Preferred
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.