Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
The Downstream Business Development Department (DBDD) implements Aramco’s Downstream growth strategy through the development of profitable investments, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and joint ventures; including securing long-term placement of crude oil in facilities with substantial conversion of liquid feeds to chemicals, while providing opportunities for product marketing and technology licensing. DBDD identifies, evaluates, screens, reviews and recommends global business development opportunities such as mega JV greenfield and brownfield projects, mergers and acquisitions in line with the Downstream strategy and in coordination with other Downstream organizations.
The Business Development Analyst is responsible for planning and supporting implementation of effective projects and transaction delivery; including evaluation, structuring and negotiating all projects and deals relating to growth opportunities in the refining, petrochemicals, trading, retail and lubricants segments. This role is also responsible for engaging and working constructively within Aramco and with Joint Venture partners to achieve alignment with relevant internal and external stakeholders throughout the transaction process; as well as structuring and developing opportunities in a way that has a strong strategic fit with the endorsed Downstream strategy through the entire transaction cycle, with the aim of successful conclusion in the form of formal definitive agreements.
Reports to the Saudi Aramco Downstream Business Development (DBDD) Management, Business Development Consultants and Specialists on the status of individual projects ongoing within the DBDD project portfolio.
- Supports Business Development Specialist on business development process from screening through transaction closure, including screening and validation of activities against proposals progress through stage gates, prioritizing business proposals against internal investment criteria and the Downstream strategy.
- Performs analysis on the scope, objectives and key business principles of transactions, offering commercial and technical solutions that constitute the company’s business offering.
- Supports business development activities encompassing: creating and developing partnerships along the Downstream value chain; developing business proposals; and identifying suitable partnership strategies and business models to maximize value creation for Aramco.
- Supports portfolio companies, manages development of commercial agreements and provides administrative direction to less senior staff in reviewing legal documents; which include head of terms, memorandums of understanding, cost sharing and shareholder agreements.
- Performs analysis on the negotiation strategy development and execution.
- Coordinates with internal subject matter expert groups (Law, Finance, Strategy & Market Analysis, Technical Services) to ensure deal progress.
- Works with internal organizations, external advisors and prospective partners to promote new business opportunities.
- Supports in the technical development and economic justification of capital programs, and alternatives to proposed capital projects.
- Liaises with other departments to identify growth opportunities and capture synergies between assets.
- Produces margin improvement opportunities in current refining and chemicals assets with Consultants in context with the competitive landscape and market fundamentals, and shares insights to the management.
- Provides commercial and technical expertise in executing the downstream strategy, including appraisal of strategic options, identification of strategic tradeoffs and implementation plans.
- Prepares Management Committee briefs and presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical preferable, or other disciplines), Business, Finance or Economics; an MBA or other relevant advanced degree, and /or professional certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) and Certified Management Accountant (CMA) are strongly preferred.
- At least nine years of professional experience in business development, with a strong track record of economic and commercial evaluations for major refining and chemicals projects, and a deep understanding of associated operations and integration of assets.
- Proven track record of successfully developing strategies and vision to develop an emerging business within a large well-established organization.
- Strong business development and partnership development experience, including: establishing anchor projects with key partners, and bringing companies together as co-investors in a large project investment.
- Excellent understanding of financial analysis and valuation methodologies, commercial principals and mechanisms related to a transaction, and various types of commercial transactions.
- Ability to navigate and influence complex internal stakeholder groups to ensure successful business outcomes.
- Good grasp of international business and cross-cultural professional practices.
Title : Certified Financial Analyst (CFA)
Req./Pref. : Preferred
Title : Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Req./Pref. : Preferred
Title : Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
Req./Pref. : Preferred
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.