Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Basin Analysis & Resource Assessment to join Exploration Resource Assessment Dept.
A Basin Analysis & Resource Assessment will have specialized expertise on multiple integrated geoscience disciplines to assess sedimentary basins and the associated undiscovered prospective hydrocarbon resources. A Basin Analysis & Resource Assessment will be able to critically evaluate all basin-scale geoscience data to analyze tectonics, structure, geodynamics and sedimentation. A Basin Analysis & Resource Assessment will perform petroleum play chance analysis, Yet-to-Find resource assessments to provide essential play-based exploration (PBE) opportunities for exploration geoscientists.
You will be required to perform the following:
- Conduct advance seismic interpretation.
- Generate paleo-topographic maps and structure restoration.
- Produce and integrate geodynamics, tectonics, structure geology, sedimentation, subsidence, and changes in sea level through geologic time.
- Analyze internal architecture, sedimentation, fabrics, and subsidence in a given basin through geologic time.
- Collaborate with basin modelers by providing detailed inputs to reach a synthesis.
- Apply geologic risking values and create composite risking segment maps for reservoir, seal, and charge.
- Evaluate petroleum systems within a given basin and quantify the Yet-To-Find hydrocarbon volumetric estimates.
- Construct and evaluate creaming curves and future field size distributions.
- Work through probabilistic approaches and Monte-Carlo simulation workflows to assess undiscovered resources.
As a successful candidate, you will have the following:
- Bachelor Degree in Geosciences or related field (e.g., Geology, Geophysics, Geochemistry, or other related science and engineering fields) is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- An extensive formal experience in regional basin analysis and resource assessment related studies is desirable.
- A minimum of Twelve years of experience. An extensive experience in regional studies and at least 5-10 years of professional experience in Yet-to-Find resource assessments.
- Capability of creating play chance maps for both conventional and unconventional plays, analyzing pool size distributions, creaming curves, play statistics and undiscovered resource volumes.
- Able to validate resource volumes against discovery history and play maturity, analyze play risks and assess the effect of new play concept successes on play portfolio.
- Have good exposure to different sedimentary basins (most importantly passive margin, foreland and rifting).
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Job Req ID:
Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company; its upstream operations are based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it also operates a global downstream business. Headquartered in the city of Dhahran, the company operates in eight locations within the Kingdom and 20 locations overseas, and employs around 76,000 people.