Job Number 21007570
Job Category Loss Prevention & Security
Location Le Méridien Al Khobar, Corniche Boulevard, Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Le Méridien
Position Type Management
At Le Méridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for curious, creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Méridien.
Assists in the management of the daily functions of the department to provide protection of property assets, employees, guests and property. Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Assists in the training of staff in established emergency procedures and implements accident and fire prevention procedures. Promotes guest and employee satisfaction while achieving the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; 1 year experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
• Assists in conducting hazard and risk assessments at the property to include quarterly OSHA/SAFETY audits, incident tracking, and the hazard abatement process.
• Complies with applicable federal, state and local law and safety regulations.
• Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Supervises and reviews initial incident investigations and promote a timely responses for all reported incidents.
• Follows proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
• Assists with promotion and implementation of accident and fire prevention procedures.
• Incorporates into patrols, which encompass all areas of the property’s interior and exterior, an inspection tour of recording system.
• Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and employees.
• Handles complaints, settles disputes, and resolves grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiates with others.
• Promotes action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Oversees all loss prevention operations to include but not limited to patrol process, emergency response, investigations (initial and follow up) for all guest and employee related incidents, shipping and receiving process (makes recommendations for improvement), electronic key system and manager on duties responsibilities.
• Assists with first aid program for guests and employees.
• Assists with the claims process and protects company assets by closely monitoring the General Liability and Worker’s Compensation cases.
• Works closely with Meeting Planners to facilitate a successful and safe experience for guests.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews, selects and trains employees.
• Appraises employee’s productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
• Provides for the safety and security of the employees or the property.
• Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
• Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Meets quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
• Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
• Inspects and critiques the performance of the loss prevention department to establish and maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Develops liaison with local law enforcement and emergency services.
• Informs and/or updates executives, peers and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Job ID: 21007570
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.