Posting Date Jan 04, 2021
Job Number 21000474
Job Category Information Technology
Location Sheraton Dammam Hotel & Convention Centre, Prince Mohammed Bin Fahd Rd, Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Supports the property’s technology Information Resources objectives. Supports all technology planning, decision-making, implementation, and maintenance. Interfaces with vendors, owners, and property staff.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related major; 4 years experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related major; certified trainer; 2 years experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Client Technology Needs
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Monitors, verifies and manages the acquisition and maintenance of property based systems.
• Assists in analyzing information, identifying current and potential problems and proposing solutions.
• Maintains, inspects and repairs equipment.
• Inspects the equipment or the environment.
• Verifies that computer and network operations are monitored at the property, backup/recovery functions are performed on scheduled basis and administration functions for hardware, operating and application systems are maintained and completed on consistent basis.
• Supports managing IR activities to confirm the property infrastructure and applications systems are functional at all times.
• Verifies solutions are consistent with the client’s needs and brand specific IR environment.
• Administers and maintains mail and email.
• Maintains inventories and manages IT hardware/software.
• Provides Internet support and maintenance (if applicable)
• Provides cable management support.
• Generates systems communications for property users to introduce new applications, provide user tips, alert users of system problems and inform staff of progress or status.
• Consults on specific application issues or hardware/software problems.
• Provides feedback to Lodging IR on application functional performance and system performance.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Supports determining whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
• Monitors processes and evaluates information according to SOP and LSOP requirements.
• Enforces IR policies and standards protecting company hardware, software and other resources at the property.
Maintaining Information Systems and Technology Goals
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Performs an assessment of needs, ensuring compliance with brand specific standards, budget and capital requirements.
• Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to complete property projects on schedule and according to specification.
• Verifies problems are correctly reported, routed, tracked and solved, with the system user being informed of situation at all times.
• Verifies proper asset management.
• Performs on-site monitoring of all projects.
Demonstrating and Applying IR Knowledge
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to your job.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Provides technical expertise and support.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Coordinates property efforts, prioritizes needs and communicates those needs to IR Shared Services and other systems staff.
• Manages vendors for property IT requirements functioning as escalation point for problem resolution.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Job ID: 21000474
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.