Job Number 21012732
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Aloft Dhahran, King Saud Branch Road Crossing 21st Street, Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Aloft Hotels
Position Type Non-Management
At Aloft Hotels we’re wired for next generation travelers who love open spaces, open thinking, and open expression. Aloft provides a space where style is necessary, social scenes are vibrant, and where the only direction is forward. Our guests are tech savvy and confidently social, with an eclectic style they’re not afraid to show. We understand what our guests need, so we provide an affordable option for the tech-savvy design guru. We’re looking for innovative self-expressers who aren’t afraid to draw outside the lines. If you are someone who appreciates tech-forward features and vibrant social scenes, then we invite you to explore a career with Aloft Hotels.
Serves as the property Assistant Night Manager on Duty and oversees all property operations during the overnight shift. Ensures that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided during the overnight shift. Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation. Personally assisting in resolving any issues and completing tasks.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Monitoring Property Operations
· Monitors and ensures compliance with all Guidelines to Operations.
· Ensures all employees are in proper uniform and are properly groomed (grooming standards in employee handbook).
· Ensures employees are working in a safe environment.
· Manages all period-end inventories.
Supporting Profitability and Revenue Goals
· Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
· Assists in the response and resolution of all guest issues received directly from guests or from Guest Relations.
· Assists accounts receivable clerk in all aspects of job and in keeping all invoices due below 60 days.
· Monitors that the supervisor is researching/processing all chargebacks and rebates on a timely basis.
· Administers plans and actions to keep chargebacks and rebates to a minimum.
· Ensures all employees are adhering to proper cash handling procedures and monitors overage/shortages.
· Manages employee hours.
· Works with the leadership team of the property to identify and implement action plans to prevent the reoccurrence of guest issues.
Supporting Human Resources Activities
· Promotes participation in property safety-related programs.
· Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
· Promotes teamwork and employee morale.
· Keeps employees informed regarding new operational procedures, standards, or programs.
· Assists supervisors in handling employee performance issues (e.g., performance reviews, counseling, and recommendations).
· Ensures all employees have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
· Encourages employee relations through gifts, parties, outings.
· Creates incentives that will promote better service and profit for the property.
· Assists operations manager in processing employee payroll weekly.
· Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
· Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships – Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management – Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
· Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
o General Hotel Operations – Knowledge of the operating principles and practices of all brand/hotel-specific functions to support successful operations of the overall property (e.g., Engineering/Maintenance, Event Management, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Legal/Contracting, Food and Beverage, Guest Services/Front Desk, Sales & Marketing, Security/Loss Prevention, Retail/Gift Shops, Spa, and Recreation/Health Club).
· Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning – Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension – Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Job ID: 21012732
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 131 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company now offers one travel program, Marriott Bonvoy™, replacing Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG). For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit news.marriott.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.