Amazon.com strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience – Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon’s evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company’s DNA. The world’s brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
We are making significant investments for the long term – building our Fulfillment and Transportation infrastructure as well as the leadership team. As we continue to grow, we are keen to speak to experienced operators. These fast-moving facilities sit at the heart of Amazon’s rapidly growing Operations network, and are where we manage our fast-moving parcels.
At a high level, you’ll keep several consistent, major deliverables in mind, including comprehensive process and workflow optimization. We are always hungry to improve wherever they can, and in your role you’ll perform to the same standard.
As just one of your day-to-day duties, you will be managing an Outbound parcel delivery operation: this will mean you overseeing performance, and carrying out any necessary examinations at weekly, monthly and annual intervals. This will help you ensure that your colleagues and peers all operate at optimum productivity levels.
Leading on from this, you will drive towards greater team efficiency. All throughout achieving this goal, you’ll balance your team’s efforts to improve, with their steadfast commitment to excellent customer service. Together as one unit, you’ll exceed productivity goals, and ensure that Souq continues to delight the customer, and exceed expectations wherever possible.
At the more granular level, you’ll manage and coordinate staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives and process change initiatives, as you steadily work towards attaining the Amazon Business Plan. Moreover, each and every day, you; will develop, encourage and strengthen our strong culture of Health and Safety best practices, alongside participating in cross-functional Process and Business improvement projects elsewhere in the Amazon Operations network.
- You hold a Degree in Engineering, Operations or in a related Logistics field
- You possess excellent technical skills, that you can utilize as you solve a wide range of problems and obstacles,
- You’re a proven analytical thinker and project manager, with close attention-to-detail and the ability to positively influence others,
- You possess sound business acumen, with a track record of successfully delivering quantifiable results; you also have a solid understanding of and expertise in carrier operations,
- Demonstrable ability in managing data and details, as you establish root cause, while extrapolating and manipulating data to deliver appropriate solutions,
- You’re willing and able to work to flexible schedules and shifts: you always commit the time required to get the job done,
- You’re a forward-thinking innovator who thrives on change, while remaining unfazed by occasional ambiguity,
- You’re an excellent communicator, in fluent written and spoken English, with the ability to communicate at all levels of seniority within a large organization,
- Some practical, working knowledge of Lean techniques, such as Kaizen or Six Sigma.
- Logistic related experience is preferred
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."