At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of items each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team that is bringing Amazon to the front door of our customers across the KSA? Do you want to help design, develop and improve the way Amazon builds this business? Then this is your opportunity to make history!
If you are able to identify operational waste and inefficiencies, use metrics to drive operational improvement and quickly implement learning, then please apply for this position.
Core responsibilities include:
• Drive cost saving projects from start to finish.
• Develop metrics and set up tools to measure operational performance as part of the business growth.
• Review and analyze customer defect data and develop corresponding action plans to reduce/improve.
• Develop and execute action plans that increase quality, inventory accuracy and service.
• Use lean techniques to root cause process deviations and develop countermeasures for these deviations.
• Work closely with stakeholders to secure resources for projects and provide support for other initiatives as needed.
• Travel to sites to evaluate and ensure compliance of improvement initiatives.
· A degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Operations/Logistics/Supply Chain, or other technical field from an accredited university
· 3+ years Operations/Logistics and/or Continuous Improvement Experience
· Background in Logistics, Supply Chain or Manufacturing Operations
· Knowledge and understanding of Lean principles and toolkit
· Proficient with MS Excel
· Willingness to travel as necessary, up to 40%
· Master’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Logistics & Supply Chain
· Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt certification
· Ideally have a Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain background and/or Process improvement background
About Afaq Q Tech General Trading (Amazon)
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."